The Exo Terra Repti Glo 5.0 has a moderate to high UVB output, similar to that of shady environments such as rain forests and other tropical locations. Reptiles living in these habitats receive less UV radiation because of the many climatological conditions (fairly high humidity, changes in weather, etc) that prevent direct sunlight from reaching them or there basking sites. Fluorescent bulbs lose their UV radiation and approximately 50% of their lighting output quality within a year. Changing your terrarium bulb regularly ensures optimal light conditions and UV radiation to keep your reptiles healthy.
The advantage of the Exo Terra Repti Glo Compact Fluorescent bulb is its size and the fact that it is self-ballasted. A regular screw fitting is sufficient to operate these bulbs. The spiral shape of the bulb enables vertical or horizontal mounting without compromising performance.
• Ideal for all tropical and sub tropical reptiles
• High UV output
• Effective up to 30cm (12 inches)
• Provides necessary UVB rays for optimal calcium metabolism
• Stimulates appetite, activity and reproductive behaviour
• Recommended in combination with Repti Glo 2.0 for a higher visual output