The Exo Terra Repti Glo 10.0 has a very high UVB output similar to that associated with desert environments. Desert locations receive more direct sunlight than any other because of fewer clouds, less air humidity and no plants or trees to provide shade. Therefore desert reptiles are more exposed to UV radiation than any other type of reptile. This bulb can also be used on screen terrariums or terrariums with dense screen covers to ensure UVB penetration. Dense screens can filter out upto 50% of UVB rays. Fluorescent bulbs lose their UV radiation and approximately 50% of their lighting output quality within one year. Changing your terrarium bulb regularly ensures optimal light conditions and UV radiation to keep your reptiles healthy.
The advantage of the Exo Terra Repti Glo Compact Fluorescent bulb is its size and the fact that it is self-ballasted. A regular screw fitting is sufficient to operate these bulbs. The spiral shape of the bulb enables vertical or horizontal mounting without compromising performance.
• Ideal for desert dwelling reptiles
• Ultra High UVB output. Effective upto 50cm
• Provides necessary UVB rays for optimal calcium metabolism
• Recommended for use with screened terrariums; terrariums with dense screen covers (screens can filter out UVB rays)
• Recommended in combination with Repti Glo 2.0 for a higher visual light output