Riverbed Sand Aquatic Terrarium Substrate
Exo Terra Riverbed Sand is ideal for many types of aquatic turtles as it is their prefered substrate in the wild. Soft shell turtles especially prefer the fine sand for digging and burrowing. Other types of water and ground dwelling reptiles such as frogs and salamanders, will also benefit from Riverbed Sand because of its soft nature. A rough surface, such as gravel, can easily injure the skin tissue. Riverbed Sand is very fine and can be easily excreted when ingested, unlike gravel or pebbles which can cause indegestion. Created over time in an african river, Riverbed Sand is extremely fine and round making it an ideal and safe substrate for the aqua terrarium.
• Natural sand, no added dyes or chemicals
• Creates a natural and attractive aquatic enviroment
• Excellent substrate for aquatic turtles
• Stimulates natural behaviour
• Also suitable as desert terrarium substrate